History

Intro

Well…if we didn’t own a hotel we would have a construction Company. It must be in our blood! Yearly there are Things to be done.

We have expanded, rebuilt and modernized in the last 30 years. The fascination for jack- hammers and concrete mixer goes through all our

Generations as the Pictures are showing. Maybe it’s because we have so many ideas on how to make your stay in Clervaux even better and more comfortable. Have fun

In reding our history

Intro - History

1918

1918

Mr. Joseph Lutgen and his wife built the Hotel du Commerce in which a butcher shop was included. 40 rooms with running water, toilets in the hall ways and a Restaurant

Where reasonable and comfortable in These days.

1940

There sun Nicolas continue to run the hotel until he was captures and deported to a concentrations camp in 1940. It was a huge challenge Joseph and his daughter Marie

To Keep running the buisiness in war times. They suceeded due to there heartiness and force.

1918 - History

1953

1953

The Tholl-Mettendorff Family bought the hotel and butcher shop.

1959

The butcher shop was closed down to concentrate fully on the hotel.

1953 - History

1970

1970 - History

1980

There daughter Josiane and her husband Lucien Gindt took over the hotel and expanded in the same year with 19 rooms with balcony, a 2. Dining room and a new kitchen.

1980 - History

2000

The familiy added a Wellness area with indoor pool, saune, Solarium , infrared cabine, Hammam, massage showers, Roof terrace and 2 luxury Rooms

2000 - History

2008

2008 - History

2010

Complete renovation of 13 rooms

2010 - History

2012

2012 - History

2013

2013 - History

2014

2014 - History

2015

Kidscorner

2015 - History

2016

2016 - History

2017

2017 - History

2018

2018 - History